Wednesday 10 October 2012

On the importance of variety of listening material

In between my practice sessions, I do listen to a lot of music. I find that its very important to listen to a lot of music if you want to make music yourself. It helps to train the ear and also to let you know whats sonically possible.

My current selection of music this week has mostly been.....

- A performance of Liszt's Hungarian Rhapsody No2

An absolutely amazing virtuoso performance by Adam Gyorgy.


- Miles Davis, Kind of Blue

I had never listened to this before but the lovely 7th, 9th, 11th and 13th chords with soothing sax, and trumpets. Nice music to work to.


- Muse, The 2nd law

new album from the space rock opera gods from Devon, England. This album has loads of arpeggiated chords and lovely vocal harmonies as well as lots of interesting synth and guitar sounds. very well produced.


Maybe once or twice a week I'll post what I've been listening to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add comments here......